calculator help
Rufi_Dukes
2006-05-15 04:27:01 UTC
i've goooogled for hours to find an online manual for my calculator;
all in vain!
i'm the proud owner of a Sharp EL-506R; and i love it!
i've used it for basic arithmetic but I need some help to unlock the
keys i'm really interested in right now, as a beginner doing some
algebra, linear equations, quadratic binomials etc

(can't work out how to activate the blue keys if that makes sense to
anyone)

could someone recommend where i might get help online?

(the fold-out sheet of instructions i got with calc. is not much help,
as it jumps right in using symbols and language that i don't
understand)

thx for any help,
rufus
Patrick Hamlyn
2006-05-15 07:34:04 UTC
Post by Rufi_Dukes
i've goooogled for hours to find an online manual for my calculator;
all in vain!
i'm the proud owner of a Sharp EL-506R; and i love it!
i've used it for basic arithmetic but I need some help to unlock the
keys i'm really interested in right now, as a beginner doing some
algebra, linear equations, quadratic binomials etc
(can't work out how to activate the blue keys if that makes sense to
anyone)
could someone recommend where i might get help online?
(the fold-out sheet of instructions i got with calc. is not much help,
as it jumps right in using symbols and language that i don't
understand)
Probably you press the '2NDF' or 'shift' keys first.

See
http://www.geocities.com/calculatorhelp/sharpel506r.htm
for some examples of how to do stats stuff.

I googled EL-506R, that was the first hit.
--
Patrick Hamlyn posting from Perth, Western Australia
Windsurfing capital of the Southern Hemisphere
Moderator: polyforms group (polyforms-***@egroups.com)
Rufi_Dukes
2006-05-16 01:38:16 UTC
Post by Patrick Hamlyn
Probably you press the '2NDF' or 'shift' keys first.
i've found out about that of course, and can do a variety of things
with it
Post by Patrick Hamlyn
See
http://www.geocities.com/calculatorhelp/sharpel506r.htm
for some examples of how to do stats stuff.
that particular doc is limited to stuff i can already do or stuff i'm
not interested in as yet;
my need was for a manual

thx for responding anyway,
rufus
Rob
2006-05-17 19:29:36 UTC
Service Manual is for sale here:

http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=Sharp+EL-506R+manual&forward=plist

not that you're interested in that...

and here more expensive:

https://www.manualsparadise.com/ShowProductsForModel.do?model=M16177766

again, not that you're interested in that...lol!

Sorry, can't find the owner's manual either. :)

Rob
m***@gmail.com
I can help you, if you're still interested; I have an EL-506R, and I love using it. /MalariaSurvivor(tm)
Pfsszxt
2015-05-06 13:31:07 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Rufi_Dukes
i've goooogled for hours to find an online manual for my calculator;
all in vain!
i'm the proud owner of a Sharp EL-506R; and i love it!
i've used it for basic arithmetic but I need some help to unlock the
keys i'm really interested in right now, as a beginner doing some
algebra, linear equations, quadratic binomials etc
(can't work out how to activate the blue keys if that makes sense to
anyone)
could someone recommend where i might get help online?
(the fold-out sheet of instructions i got with calc. is not much help,
as it jumps right in using symbols and language that i don't
understand)
thx for any help,
rufus
I can help you, if you're still interested; I have an EL-506R, and I love using it. /MalariaSurvivor(tm)
did you try Sharp???

---