Parabolic Trough IV
Jon G.
2017-02-18 23:58:28 UTC
I have a 4' wide sheet of plywood that will fit into 2 notches when bent
into a parabola. To find out where, I have to find the arclength of the
parabola, set it equal to 4', select a focus and calculate how wide the
notches have to be apart.

http://www.stonetabernacle.com/Parabolic_Trough.html

---
Chris M. Thomasson
2017-02-19 02:23:30 UTC
Post by Jon G.
I have a 4' wide sheet of plywood that will fit into 2 notches when bent
into a parabola. To find out where, I have to find the arclength of the
parabola, set it equal to 4', select a focus and calculate how wide the
notches have to be apart.
http://www.stonetabernacle.com/Parabolic_Trough.html
Nice! Resembles a sort of solar furnace.